Business Opportunity and Workforce Development Center
Targeted one-on-one assistance is offered to 22 underutilized DBE firms in areas including:
- Bond packaging
- Computerized accounting and finances
- Job cost accounting system
- Estimating, bidding and proposal preparation
- Construction management project and technical assistance
- Technical and technology assistance
- Cost benefit analysis/business planning
The BOWD Center offers additional resources, such as access to:
- A plan room
- A library
- Meeting space
- Other business related amenities
A major component of the program is the opportunity to partner with prime contractors as one method for the DBEs to enhance their skills and expand their business network.
Profiles of the 22 DBE firms are below. The group includes both construction and consultant firms. Contact information and areas of expertise are included.
- DBE profiles of the 22 DBE firms (184 KB)
- New specification for utilization of BOWD Center DBE firms (26 KB)
The BOWD Center offers a workforce development component that prepares employees of DBE firms and other disadvantaged individuals for employment in highway construction.
Training is available for qualified adults desiring a career in one of the highway construction trades.
This program can assist a contractor in meeting their on-the-job training goals while increasing minority and female representation on VDOT construction projects.
DBE Supportive Services
The BOWD Center offers supportive services to DBE firms including:
- Business assessments
- Business development plans
- Referrals to consultants for assistance
- Training curriculum
- Financial rebates
1602 Rolling Hills Drive
Richmond, VA 23229
Deborah Wood, administrative assistant