AASHTOWare Project Bids
What is the change?
The Virginia DOT is in the process of upgrading from the Expedite software to a new application called the AASHTOWare Project Bids™ software. The Bid component of the AASHTOWare Project Bids software is what you will use to prepare your bids. It has a modern interface and has improved handling of attachments. You will eventually use the same application to bid to all agencies using the Bid Express service and you can create profiles within the software for different agency requirements. Also, the Bid component automatically updates when needed, so you won’t need to download updates anymore.
To submit a bid for the April 24, 2019, letting and beyond, you will be required to create a new Digital ID for the AASHTOWare Project Bids Bid component once, and then use that same Digital ID to bid to all agencies using the new software. If you currently have an active Info Tech Digital ID for the Virginia DOT, you will be reimbursed for the cost of creating the new Digital ID for bidding to the Virginia DOT. You will also be required to submit a request to bid to the agency.
What action do I need to take?
The required action depends upon whether or not you bid to another agency that has begun using the new AASHTOWare Project Bids Bid software.
Action for those who have NOT yet installed the AASHTOWare Project Bids Bid component to bid to another agency:
- Download the new software
- Create your new Digital ID for the Bids component
- After you receive notification that the Digital ID has been enabled, request to bid with the Virginia DOT. The agency will receive your request and will approve or reject you for bidding. You will not be able to bid to the agency until the agency has approved your request.
We recommend you download and print the detailed instructions for the steps above.
Action for those who ALREADY have a new approved Digital ID and have already installed the AASHTOWare Project Bids Bid component to bid to another agency:
- Submit a request to bid with the Virginia DOT. Instructions are available beginning with Step 5 of this document. The agency will receive your request and will approve or reject you for bidding. You will not be able to bid to the agency until the agency has approved your request.
Note: Use of the new bidding software is on an agency-by-agency basis. Therefore, if you bid to multiple agencies on the Bid Express service, you may temporarily need to use the Expedite Bid software to bid with one agency and the Bid component of the AASHTOWare Project Bids software for bidding to others. If you are bidding in any letting prior to April 24, 2019, you will use the Expedite software and your existing Digital ID for bid submission.
Where can I get more information?
There are several training resources for the AASHTOWare Project Bids Bid software.
- Watch a comprehensive training video that walks you through all of the steps required for bidding. (42 minutes)
- View one or more of the short tutorial videos below depending on the help you need:
InfoTech support team is available to assist by phone at 888-352-BIDX (2439) or email (email@example.com).