Deliver a quality transportation system by advertising and executing contracts to build and maintain the system and by providing professional construction management, program oversight and training.
VDOT's Mission and Values
|Kerry Bates, P.E.
State Construction Engineer
|Greg Henion, P.E.
Deputy State Construction Engineer
|Harold Caples, P.E.
- Construction and
- Bid Documents
- Contract Documents
- Emergency Contracts
|Patrick O'Leary, P.E.
- Performance Measurements
- Federal Authorizations
- Division Business
|Jeremy Kitto, P.E.
- Project Control / Scheduling
- Final Records
- Data Management and Analytics
|Beau Hoyt, P.E.
- Construction Management
- Design-Build Administration
- Consultant CEI
- Local Project Administration
- Business Application Support
- Value Engineering / Constructability
- UPDATE - COVID-19 / Coronavirus (3/29/2021)
Reminder - Construction Vehicle Warning Lights - 3/11/2021
- Prequalification certifications expire at the end of each month based on vendor name. In order to ensure that your current certification does not expire and your company remains prequalified with the Department, please take all measures necessary to ensure that you have submitted all documents to the Prequalification Office well in advance of your expiration in order to provide ample time for a complete review. Applications not submitted in a timely manner may result in a lapse in your company's prequalification status.
As a reminder, extensions will not be granted for application submittals unless the delay is due to the Department's actions.You may find your expiration date by searching the Department's list of Prequalified Vendors.
Please contact the Prequalification Office with any questions. 12/21/2020
- 2021 Paving Schedule Season Completion Dates - 10/30/2020
- REMIDER: Register and Use the E-Verify System 10/29/2020
- 2020 Updated & 2021 Advertisement and Letting Schedule - 9/1/2020
- 2020 Road and Bridge Specification Book - Adobe PDF - 6.96 MB (4/2020)
- Changes from 2016 Spec Book (5/2020)
- Order a hard-copy of the 2020 Specifications Book (5/2020)
- Commonwealth Employees: Contact the State Specifications Engineer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
gov before purchasing.
- COVID-19 Safety Focus memo - 8/21/2020
- COVID-19 Update Coronavirus Potential Impacts to Department Contractors - 6/8/2020
- In light of recent events and in an effort to mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19 the Department will not be mailing out Construction Specification Books. Once it has been deemed safe to do so we will resume these mailings. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. 4/3/2020
- VDOT's commitment to our Employees, Contractors and Consultants (Safety and Health) - 3/24/2020
- To the VDOT Contracting Community regarding commitment to our construction, maintenance, and consulting engineering programs. 3/20/2020
- "In light of recent events and in an effort to mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19 the Department will not be mailing out bound executed contracts. Once it has been deemed safe to do so we will resume these mailings. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding." 3/20/2020
- MEMO REGARDING COVID-19 / CORONAVIRUS - POTENTIAL IMPACTS TO DEPARTMENT CONTRACTORS - 3/12/2020
- IMPORTANT: CONNECTION Client update - The software that allows access to ProjectWise (12/17/2019)
- Removal of Raised Pavement Markers || Responses to Questions Regarding Raised Pavement Markers
Please make sure your Project Bids software is reading the most current version, and is automatically upgrading to avoid missing DBE firm names. rev. 2/3/2020
- 2020 Paving Schedule FAQs (11/18/2019)
- Advertisement Schedule for 2020 (rev. 9/25/2019)
- Memo Regarding Plastic Inlaid Markers
AASHTOWare Project Bids (APB) - Information and instructional videos available! Replaces the software Expedite.
- DBE Participation Goals: Credit Only Given for DBEs Performing a Commercially Useful Function (CUF) 3/12/2019
- Viewing Electronic Plans, Proposals, and Plan Holders via ProjectWise
Public notification of parking restrictions SPCN templates
Northern Virginia public notification of parking restrictions SPCN templates