Deliver a quality transportation system by advertising and executing contracts to build and maintain the system and by providing professional construction management, program oversight and training.
VDOT's Mission and Values
|Kerry Bates, P.E.
State Construction Engineer
|Greg Henion, P.E.
Deputy State Construction Engineer
|Harold Caples, P.E.
- Construction and
- Bid Documents
- Contract Documents
- Emergency Contracts
|Patrick O'Leary, P.E.
- Performance Measurements
- Federal Authorizations
- Division Business
- Environmental Construction
- Business Application Support
- Data Management and
- Value Engineering /
|Ian Millikan, P.E.
- Construction Management
- Design-Build Administration
- Project Controls / Scheduling /
CQIP / Final Records
- Consultant CEI
- Local Project Administration
- In light of recent events and in an effort to mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19 the Department will not be mailing out Construction Specification Books. Once it has been deemed safe to do so we will resume these mailings. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. 4/3/2020
- VDOT's commitment to our Employees, Contractors and Consultants (Safety and Health) - 3/24/2020
- To the VDOT Contracting Community regarding commitment to our construction, maintenance, and consulting engineering programs. 3/20/2020
- "In light of recent events and in an effort to mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19 the Department will not be mailing out bound executed contracts. Once it has been deemed safe to do so we will resume these mailings. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding." 3/20/2020
- MEMO REGARDING COVID-19 / CORONAVIRUS - POTENTIAL IMPACTS TO DEPARTMENT CONTRACTORS - 3/12/2020
- IMPORTANT: CONNECTION Client update - The software that allows access to ProjectWise (12/17/2019)
- Removal of Raised Pavement Markers || Responses to Questions Regarding Raised Pavement Markers
Please make sure your Project Bids software is reading the most current version, and is automatically upgrading to avoid missing DBE firm names. rev. 2/3/2020
- 2020 Paving Schedule FAQs (11/18/2019)
- Advertisement Schedule for 2020 (rev. 9/25/2019)
- Memo Regarding Plastic Inlaid Markers
AASHTOWare Project Bids (APB) - Information and instructional videos available! Replaces the software Expedite.
- DBE Participation Goals: Credit Only Given for DBEs Performing a Commercially Useful Function (CUF) 3/12/2019
- Viewing Electronic Plans, Proposals, and Plan Holders via ProjectWise
Public notification of parking restrictions SPCN templates
Northern Virginia public notification of parking restrictions SPCN templates