Acquiring Electronic Plans and Proposals Using the Falcon Web Site
To: Contractors & Suppliers who view/download online plans and proposals
In order to view/download electronic plans for specific projects, each employee of the firm who will be using the Falcon Web Site will need an individual login and password. You can acquire access by downloading the form below using the links provided.
Once you have downloaded the form, please fill it out and send it via email or fax. You will be contacted, by email, to receive your login and password.
If you are experiencing difficulty in download electronic plans/proposals from the Falcon website via our CABB system, it could be due to the software JAVA. Please select and download the following two links to assist in this issue: JAVA 8 Configuration Instructions | The Johnathan Group File [zipped file] (5/4/16)
Instructions (For Most projects - Non CII):
1. First, print this page
2. To view and download Proposals and or Electronic Plans you must first go to our Construction Advertisement Bulletin Board (CABB) at http://cabb.virginiadot.org.
3. Next, at the top right-hand corner of the CABB webpage select "Login or Create Account" and put in your Email Address and Password then select Login.
4. Next, scroll down or search for the order number of the project you are interested in. When you have found it, in the "E-Plans" column, you should see "PROP" or "EPLANS". This will let you know whether this job has available the proposal and or plans electronically. Click on the link. It should automatically take you to the Falcon Web Site's Login page.
5. Put your "FALCON" user name and password in and select "Login".
6. You should see the sets for that particular job. Listed will be the 1) Proposal Set, and if available 2) Microstation Files Set 3) PDF files set, which contain the plans.
7. To view, select the sheets of paper in the Options column for the particular set, it will then display the file or files needed to view on line or download to your computer (copy out). From there you can view and download the files as needed.
Instructions (For CII projects):
1. To view the electronic plans and proposal for a CII project, please write down the UPC number that would be located in the "E-plans" column; for example 16540.
2. Next click on the link; it will take you to the Falcon Login Site. Put in your "FALCON" user name and login and hit submit.
3. Select from the option "CII".
4. Select the orange file folder and then select the number you wrote down. (Example: 16540)
5. Select "ok" then "submit search".
6. Follow the same steps as 6 and 7 above.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING THE PLANS & PROPOSALS, PLEASE CALL NICOLE GILLIAM (804) 786-5104
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING FALCON, PLEASE CALL: THE CADD SUPPORT HELPDESK Local (804) 786-1280 || Toll Free (888) 683-0345