Information, Memos, and Letters
New OJT Job Classifications Manual Revisions – Your Feedback is Needed!
VDOT and VTCA have updated the On-the-Job Training (OJT) Manual for specific pre-approved standard job classifications for highway construction in Virginia. This was a collaborative effort between VDOT, VTCA, the U.S. Department of Labor and the Virginia Division of the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). Representatives from these agencies as well as VTCA members participated in this process.
The updated manual should aid the construction transportation industry by expediting the approval of training programs for individuals in the pre-approved OJT classifications. Before finalizing the publications your feedback is requested. Please send your comments to Lisha Reynolds via email at email@example.com by no later than Monday, May 2, 2016. The document can be access by clicking here.
Thank you in advance for your feedback.
REGARDING VSBEP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
Starting in August 2014, VDOT will begin advertising a small group of select projects exclusively for VSBEP firms. Only firms prequalified with VDOT and enrolled in the VSBEP program will be allowed to bid. The first of these projects will be on-call incidental concrete replacement projects. Please read the attached specification that will be placed in each of these selected projects explaining the bidding limitation. If you are eligible and interested in the VSBEP and have not enrolled, please do so at your earliest convenience.
- VDOT Small Business Enterprise Program (VSBEP) Enrollment
- Small Business Enterprise Program Web Page
- Identifying a VSBEP Advertised Project on CABB (Example)
- Identifying a VSBEP Advertised Project on Bid Express (Example)
- VDOT TRNSPORT (Preconstruction) Newsletter (Quarterly) 3/15/16
- Please Be Advised: Submission of Claims (9/19/14)
- Trinity Industries ET-PLUS Terminals Memorandum - 10/15/14
Trinity Industries ET-PLUS Terminals Memorandum - 10/28/14
- New Information for Small Businesses! You may fall within the size standards of a Virginia certified small business.
- Doing business with the Virginia Department of Transportation Guide - Competing in the Contracted Construction and Maintenance Program
- Use of DBEs and SWAM Firms
- Information regarding the acknowledgement of revisions
- DBE goal setting methodology -- 2007
- State map -- Break up of the Districts
- Hazardous Waste Co-Generator Policy - 12/15/11
- 2015 Special Provision Copied Notes, Special Provisions, and Supplemental Specifications (Volume Two)