Local Assistance Division
Locally Administered Projects
Virginia’s transportation program delivery continues to evolve to include increasing roles and responsibilities by local governments.
Much of this change has been initiated through changes in Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) business philosophy, the Virginia General Assembly’s direction through legislation, and an increase in local funding to meet transportation needs.
As a result, VDOT is expanding beyond its traditional role as an implementing agency with an increased role in oversight and stewardship of the transportation program.
VDOT is committed to developing programs and processes that provide local governments the necessary tools to successfully administer transportation programs and that provide consistent requirements so federal and state stewardship and oversight obligations can be met and projects can be implemented in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Locally Administered Projects Manual
- VDOT’s Locally Administered Programs and Projects policy (includes policy implementation efforts)
- List of transportation projects recently approved for Local Administration
- Local partnership team – training and outreach
- Reporting systems to be used on locally administered projects – PCES, Dashboard
- Forms – RTA, checklist, standard agreement
- Keys to success (things to remember)
Federal Subrecipient Reporting
Annually, all subrecipients of federal funding must complete a Schedule of Federal Awards (SEFA) as part of their Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR). The following information is provided to subrecipients of federal funding to assist them in meeting the reporting requirements of OMB Circular A-133 and 2 CFR 200.
- 2015 Letter to Localities
- Response Form
- Federal Reimbursements to Subrecipients Spreadsheet
- Job Aid to Assist in Use of Subrecipient Spreadsheet
LAP Compliance Assessments
- 2104 Compliance Assessment Summary
- 2013 Compliance Assessment Summary
- 2013 FHWA Process Review Report - Local Program Assistance Project Review
- 2012 Compliance Assessment Summary