Local Assistance Division
Locally Administered Projects
Virginia’s transportation program delivery continues to evolve to include increasing roles and responsibilities by local governments.
Much of this change has been initiated through changes in Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) business philosophy, the Virginia General Assembly’s direction through legislation, and an increase in local funding to meet transportation needs.
As a result, VDOT is expanding beyond its traditional role as an implementing agency with an increased role in oversight and stewardship of the transportation program.
VDOT is committed to developing programs and processes that provide local governments the necessary tools to successfully administer transportation programs and that provide consistent requirements so federal and state stewardship and oversight obligations can be met and projects can be implemented in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Locally Administered Projects Manual
- VDOT’s Locally Administered Programs and Projects policy (includes policy implementation efforts)
- List of transportation projects recently approved for Local Administration
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act information for localities
- Local partnership team – training and outreach
- Reporting systems to be used on locally administered projects – PCES, Dashboard
- Forms – RTA, checklist, standard agreement
- Keys to success (things to remember)
LAP Compliance Assessments
- 2013 Compliance Assessment Summary
- 2013 FHWA Process Review Report - Local Program Assistance Project Review
- 2012 Compliance Assessment Summary
Russ Dudley, local administration program manager, 804-786-6663
Bernie Schmelz, local administration program coordinator, 804-786-2595
Clark Woods, local administration program coordinator, 804-692-0565