Local Assistance Division
Locally Administered Projects
Virginia’s transportation program delivery continues to evolve to include increasing roles and responsibilities by local governments.
Much of this change has been initiated through changes in Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) business philosophy, the Virginia General Assembly’s direction through legislation, and an increase in local funding to meet transportation needs.
As a result, VDOT is expanding beyond its traditional role as an implementing agency with an increased role in oversight and stewardship of the transportation program.
VDOT is committed to developing programs and processes that provide local governments the necessary tools to successfully administer transportation programs and that provide consistent requirements so federal and state stewardship and oversight obligations can be met and projects can be implemented in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Locally Administered Projects Manual
- VDOT’s Locally Administered Programs and Projects policy (includes policy implementation efforts)
- Locally Administered Construction Advertisement Commitments
- Local partnership team – training and outreach
- Reporting systems to be used on locally administered projects – Project Cost Estimating System, Dashboard
- Forms – Requests to administer, checklist, standard agreement
- Keys to success (things to remember)
Project Information Reports
New The project information reports include basic project information for locally and VDOT administered projects.
The report is generated weekly from data available in the VDOT iSYP suite applications.
The report includes general project information, current estimates, current programming schedule, six-year plan allocations (final approved each June), current expenditures and schedule activities and dates.
Upon opening each report, users will use a “drill-down”-style menu system to locate their respective projects.
Federal Subrecipient Reporting
Annually, all subrecipients of federal funding must complete a Schedule of Federal Awards (SEFA) as part of their Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
The following information is provided to assist them in meeting the reporting requirements of the Code of Federal Regulations Title 2 Subtitle A Chapter II Part 200.
- Federal Reimbursements to Subrecipient Spreadsheet – FY18 - (July 2017 thru December 2017)
- Sub-recipient monitoring letter to localities_2017
- Response form 2017
- Federal Reimbursements to Subrecipients Spreadsheet – FY17
- Job aid to assist in use of subrecipient spreadsheet
Local Assistance Program Compliance Assessments
- 2016 compliance assessment summary
- 2015 compliance assessment summary
- 2014 compliance assessment summary
- 2013 compliance assessment summary
- 2013 Federal Highway Administration process review report - Local Program Assistance project review
- 2012 compliance assessment summary
FHWA Compliance Assessment Program Review Reports
John Simmers, local administration program manager, 804-786-2571
Kurt Kuppert, local administration program manager (Bristol, Northern Virginia and Salem districts), 804-786-2595
Cynthia Clark, local administration program manager (Culpeper, Staunton and Fredericksburg districts), 804-371-6289
Jay Lindsey, local administration program manager (Hampton Roads, Richmond and Lynchburg districts), 804-786-2744