Local Assistance Division
Federal Lands Access Program (FLAP)
The Federal Lands Access Program (FLAP) was established in 23 U.S.C. 204 to improve transportation facilities that provide access to, are adjacent to, or are located within Federal lands. FLAP in Virginia is administered by Eastern Federal Lands (EFL).
Projects are selected by the Virginia Programming Decision Committee (PDC), which is comprised of a representative of the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), a representative of the Virginia Department of Transportation, and a representative for local government. The PDC requests project applications through a call for projects. The frequency of the calls is established by the EFL & PDC.
The program allows for a maximum federal reimbursement of 80% of the eligible project costs and requires a minimum 20% local match.
For more information: https://flh.fhwa.dot.gov/programs/flap/.
Contact: Fulton deLamorton 804-786-7399
Other programs include:
- Arlington & Henrico County Secondary Construction & Maintenance Payments
- Appalachian Regional Commission Local Access Road Program
- State of Good Repair and Primary Extensions
- State of Good Repair - Locally owned bridges
- High Volume Unpaved Roads