Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • Hydraulics and Utilities
MS-4/Stormwater Management • Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • Survey and Photogrammetry • Traffic Design
CADD Support Section
The CADD Support section is responsible for providing technical support for all of the department’s CADD related software packages. Services are provided on a statewide basis to all divisions within the Engineering Directorate as well as to consultants and contractors. Our team of CADD Support specialists includes experts in the use of software packages such as but not limited to MicroStation, GEOPAK, and the Falcon Document Management System. The Section is also responsible for scheduling and providing training for MicroStation and GEOPAK.
The Plan Coordination section reviews and processes all Tier II Right of Way and Construction plan assemblies for advertisement, Right of Way and Construction revisions.
The Plan Library maintains the archive of Statewide Highway Plans. Researches and provide copies of plans upon request.
CADD Program Manager
Administration, Procurement, Budgets, CADD Support
and Special Projects
VDOT - Location & Design Division
1401 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23219
- A revision to the 2016 Road & Bridge Standards has been made - September 5, 2017
The August 2017 revision to the 2016 Road and Bridge Standards contains updates to sections 100, 200, and 1300 along with a memorandum with clarifications for the MASH guardrail requirements.
- CADD Training Classes Available 10/2017 - 11/2017 - September 1, 2017
- OpenBridge Modeler Classes Open To Consultants 9/2017 - 11/2017 - September 1, 2017
Register for classes by logging into the VDOT University. Search using the keyword "Bridge Modeling"
- CADD Software and Application Support
- CADD Support Helpdesk
- Data Analyst
- Plan Coordination
- Plan Library
- WEB and Database
Information You Can Use
- CADD Manual
- Electronic Plan Submission Flow Chart
- Email and Phone Directory
- ITD-36E - Security Agreement for External Users
- LD-443 - Request For Access to The L&D Falcon WEB Site
- LD-893 - VDOT Software License Request Form
- LD-894 - Consultant Falcon Access Request
- LD-897 - Request Form For Engineering Plans
- VDOT Electronic Plans Falcon WEB
- VDOT FTP - Accessing the FTP Server
- VDOT MicroStation OpenRoads Template Library (Template Abbreviations)
- VDOT OpenRoads Guide and Frequently Asked Questions
- VDOT Training Manuals and Datasets Available for Download