Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • Hydraulics and Utilities
MS-4/Stormwater Management • Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • Survey and Photogrammetry • Traffic Design
The Statewide Location and Design Team is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of quality engineered highway construction plans found in the Department’s Six Year Improvement Program. Our statewide staff is organized into 9 construction districts which are responsible for project management and design as well as a Central Office staff responsible for the development, implementation and training of policies, procedures, technical guidance as well as design and project management.
Our team of highway engineering professionals includes experts in the fields of roadway geometric design, hydraulics and river mechanics, stormwater management/MS4, survey and photogrammetry, traffic engineering design, landscape architecture, project management, CADD support, safety hardware, engineered standards, policies and procedures, general business and consultant contract administration.
- VDOT BMP Inspection Manual - September 28, 2016
- VDOT BMP Maintenance Manual - September 28, 2016
- VDOT BMP Maintenance Manual Appendix C - Plant Palette Tables - September 28, 2016
- Erosion and Sediment Control Contractor Certification (ESCCC) - Rev. September 28, 2016
Updated Certification List
- VDOT Provisionally Approved MASH Products September 22, 2016
Added Approved MASH Products
- Statewide Hydraulics Engineer Directive (SHED) Implementation Plan for the Use of EC-2 and EC-3
- August 15, 2016
- 2016 Edition of the Road & Bridge Standards is now available - Rev. August 2, 2016