Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • Hydraulics and Utilities
MS-4/Stormwater Management • Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • GeoSpatial Program • Traffic Design
The Statewide Location and Design Team is responsible for the planning, development and delivery of quality engineered highway construction plans for projects that are part of the Department’s Six Year Improvement Program. Our statewide staff is organized into 9 construction districts which are responsible for project management and design as well as a Central Office staff responsible for the development, implementation and training of policies, procedures, technical guidance as well as design and project management.
Our team of highway engineering professionals includes experts in the fields of roadway geometric design, hydraulics and river mechanics, stormwater management/MS4, GIS survey and photogrammetry, traffic engineering design, landscape architecture, project management, CADD support, safety hardware, engineered standards, policies and procedures, general business and consultant contract administration.
- ProjectWise Access / Reset Password - September 2019
- ProjectWise COV Account and Password for Consultant Users - September 2019
- ProjectWise Accounts for Contractors - September 2019
- OpenRoads Training (Spots Available) for October 8-11 Class, VDOT Central Office
posted September 19, 2019
- Drainage Manual July 2019 Revisions - September 17, 2019
- VDOT CADD training sessions available for Consultants and VDOT Employees - rev. September 16, 2019
Use the VDOT University to sign-up for the classroom courses; OpenRoads Technology, MicroStation Basics, Subsurface Utilities Drainage Design (SUDA) and Utility Engineering Training (SUDA).
- Manual for Assessing Safety Hardware (MASH) Provisionally Approved Products - September 16, 2019
- Tier 1 & Tier 2 2020 Cutoff Advertisement Schedule has been updated - September 13, 2019
- Erosion and Sediment Control Contractor Certification (ESCCC) - September 12, 2019
- A revision to the 2016 Road & Bridge Standards has been made - September 11, 2019
- Survey Manual Updated - August 16, 2019
- July 2019 revisions to VDOT’s Road Design Manual - July 29, 2019
- Revision to IIM-LD-195.12 Virginia Stormwater Management Program - July 22, 2019