Location and Design Division
L&D Home • Business Administration • CADD Support • Hydraulics and Utilities
MS-4/Stormwater Management • Project Management Office • Roadway Design and Special Projects
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance • Survey and Photogrammetry • Traffic Design
Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance
The Standards, Special Design, Policy and Quality Assurance Program Area is responsible for Statewide design support services. This includes providing technical support on proper installation and use of safety hardware (Guardrail, End Terminals, etc.), providing special design drawings when requested, assistance on policy and geometric design standards and reviewing plans at various stages in the plan development process to aid in improving the quality of preliminary engineering plans.
Joseph P. Koscinski, Jr., P.E.
State Geometric Design Engineer
VDOT - Location & Design Division
1401 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23219
|Charles Patterson, P.E.
Standards/Special Design Section Manager
|George T. Rogerson, Jr.
Policies & Procedures Section Manager
- AASHTO / FHWA / ITE / NACTO / TRB Documents Web page was revised to add Technical Resources -
October 17, 2017
- The September 2017 revision to the 2016 Road and Bridge Standards contains updates to section 500 of the MASH guardrail standards - September 26, 2017
- VDOT Junction Screening Tool (VJuST) and associated documents have been added to the Innovative Intersection/Interchange web page - September 13, 2017
- Public Meeting Brochures added to the Innovative Intersection/Interchange web page - September 12, 2017
- The 2018 cut-off dates for advertisement are updated and 2030 dates added (Tier 1 & 2) - September 12, 2017
- IIM-LD-256 (Virginia Stormwater Management Program) – September 5, 2017
IIM256 is a new IIM that outlines the policy for VDOT regulated land disturbing projects covered under the Virginia Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (VPDES) General Permit for Discharges of Stormwater from Construction Activities.
- A revision to the 2016 Road & Bridge Standards has been made - September 5, 2017
The August 2017 revision to the 2016 Road and Bridge Standards contains updates to sections 100, 200, and 1300 along with a memorandum with clarifications for the MASH guardrail requirements.
Information You Can Use
- 2015 VDOT / FHWA Stewardship and Oversight Agreement
- Instructional & Informational Memoranda
- Public Involvement Manual
- Road & Bridge Specifications
- Road Design Manual
- Road & Bridge Standards