Erosion and Sediment Control Contractor Certification
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Erosion and Sediment Control Contractor Certification (ESCCC) Program provides an integral service to VDOT contractors, maintenance forces. and land-use permittees.
This is done through the presentation of a one-day enhanced training program and certification examination which covers:
- Erosion and sediment control laws, regulations and principles
- Erosion and sediment control state minimum standards
- Related VDOT Erosion and sediment control specifications and standards
- VDOT contract processes as they relate to land-disturbing activities within the VDOT right of way
Documents below provide information related to the ESCCC Program.
- Virginia Transportation Construction Alliance (VTCA)
- Hampton Roads Utility & Heavy Contractors Associations (HRUHCA)
- Heavy Construction Contractors Association (HCCA)
- List of certified Individuals February 2014
If you perform work on projects (land-disturbing activities) outside of VDOT right-of-way or property boundaries, contact the local government of the jurisdiction in which your project lies to ask what certification requirements, if any, pertain to your activities.