Structure and Bridge
On behalf of the dedicated men and women associated with VDOT's Structure and Bridge Division, I welcome you to our web page. It is our hope that the information we provide will assist you by providing accurate, timely and useful information to meet your business needs and to enhance your understanding of and interest in our program. As our web page develops, we would appreciate any comments you may have to assist us in improving this service to you. Please contact the Help Desk with your suggestions.
Kendal R. Walus, P.E.
State Structure and Bridge Engineer
VDOT Structure and Bridge Division
1401 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23219
- Chapter 10 (Earth Retaining Structures) of Volume V – Part 11 (Geotechnical Manual for Structures)
- Notice of Contract being Awarded – Engineering Design Services for Replacement of I-81 NBL over Route 11, NS Rwy and M.F. Holston River - Contract with Alpha Corporation was executed on September 10, 2015 (SB2013-13)
- Instructional and Informational Memoranda 80.5 - VDOT Modifications to the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, 7th Edition, 2014 and VDOT Modifications to the AASHTO LRFD Guide Specifications for the Design of Pedestrian Bridges, 2009
- Notice of Contract being Awarded – Route 195 Over Route 76 CSX RR and Ramp S Bridge Rehabilitation/Replacement (Richmond District) (SB20150324)
- Bridges in Virginia
- Consultant Services
- Engineering Services
- Manuals, Guides & Instructional and Informational Memoranda
- Structure and Bridge Staff Directory