Northern Virginia Megaprojects
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) held an industry briefing to provide an overview of an upcoming Request for Proposal from consulting engineering firms that wish to be considered to provide professional engineering services and serve as the general engineering consultant for the overall program management of the design, construction and operation for mega-construction projects in Northern Virginia.
The projects will include, but are not limited to:
- The Interstate 95/395 HOT/HOV/Bus Lanes Public-Private Transportation Act
- The I-95 fourth lane widening project
- The Capital Beltway/I-495 HOT/HOV/Bus
Lanes PPTA project
- Base Realignment and Closure projects
- The Dulles
Metro Extension (PPTA) project
- A regional transportation management plan for the projects
The estimated project cost is approximately $5.4 billion.
An industry briefing will be held July 26, 2007, at 9 a.m. EDT at the Center for Innovative Technology, 2214 Rock Hill Road, Herndon.
The program will consist of a project overview presentation and a question-and-answer period. Private meetings will be held in the afternoon, by appointment only, to provide an opportunity for firms to discuss issues related to the project in a confidential setting.
- Presentation - General Engineering Consultant for Program Management Services of Mega Regional Transportation Projects
- Registration list for the industry briefing, July 26, 2007
- Map (PDF, 374 KB)
Pre-registration closed at 4 p.m., July 23, 2007. Queries regarding the briefing may be addresses to Albert.Mui@VDOT.Virginia.gov.