Customer Service Center: 1-800-FOR-ROAD (1-800-367-7623)
Call the Virginia Department of Transportation's Customer Service Center at 1-800-367-7623 around the clock. TTY users can call 711.
- Report all unsafe and hazardous road conditions
- Report work requests for state-maintained roads
- Ask questions about VDOT
Note: VDOT does not fill potholes in cities, towns, or in Henrico and Arlington counties -- except for interstates and major primary roads within these jurisdictions.
For the latest road conditions, call 511.
Follow these links for contact information:
- Central Office mailing address
- Online feedback form
- Media contacts
- Work requests
- Get and report road conditions
- Secretary of Transportation
- Commissioner/about/brich.asp of the Virginia Department of Transportation
- Commonwealth Transportation Board
- Local contacts
- Driver's license, license plate, and vehicle registration
- Web site comments and other issues
- Contract information
- State employee directory
Virginia Department of Transportation
1401 E. Broad St.
Richmond, Virginia 23219
VDOT believes in developing and maintaining solid media relations. The department has a strong team of public relations professionals ready to provide prompt and accurate information to the media and public.
- Media contact list
VDOT can help with culvert cleaning, pothole patching, water drainage, guard rail replacement, bridge work, signs, traffic lights, animal, tree or trash removal. Submit a work request or call 800-367-ROAD (7623) (TTY users, call 711) for prompt assistance.
If you're aware of unsafe conditions, call 800-367-7623. If you need information about the conditions of interstate and primary highways, call 511.
For questions or comments about road maintenance, construction or highway issues near you, call 800-367-7623. To report a road problem, go here.