How to Apply
Application Process for the Civil Engineering Scholar Program
Summer 2014 Cohort
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING November 4, 2013.
Deadline for applications is Monday January 13, 2014.
Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are pursuing a Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology undergraduate degree.
- Will be a junior or senior in an undergraduate ABET-accredited civil engineering program in September 2014.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a four-point scale
- Maintain Virginia residency OR attend a Virginia college or university
The scholar application process is completely electronic and includes some short answer questions.
You may submit the application only one time.
Complete an online state application through Virginia’s Recruitment Management System (RMS):
- Go to the RMS site, https://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov/applicants/Central?search=501 , and complete an application profile. We recommend that you click here to download a "Quick Reference Guide" to assist you. Save your profile.
- Once your application profile is complete, apply for position number CO707. You may attach resumes, transcripts, and reference letters as desired.
- Before you submit, please make sure that you have fully completed the application, including the short answer questions.
If contacted for an interview, you will be required to supply a sealed official copy of your most recent transcript.
Applicants needing accommodation to apply for openings or through the interview process should contact the local human resources office contact person listed in the job advertisement.
Send questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org