Engineer Scholarship Program
Positions have closed for summer 2015 - Positions will reopen fall 2015
The Civil Engineering Scholarship Program (CESP) provides civil engineering students the opportunity to gain valuable, real-world work experience, earn money over the summer and receive stipends to assist with educational expenses.
Why This Program?
CESP provides participants with a $3,500 stipend for the fall and spring semesters. Stipends are issued based on continued program eligibility.
Additionally, CESP provides real-world work experience which can help you in your studies, as well as prepare you for your future career choices.
CESP participants spend summers working in a challenging and interesting VDOT position. Each position is well paid and provides hands-on work experience within a variety of disciplines and geographic areas, under the tutelage of a Professional Engineer.
Requirements to apply:
- Be a US citizen or permanent US resident
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Maintain residency in Virginia or attend a school in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Be eligible to enter into the third or fourth year of undergraduate study in an ABET accredited four - year college or university
- Require at least two semesters of coursework before graduation
- Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Complete a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Declare and pursue a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Agree to begin his or her Civil Engineering career with the Virginia Department of Transportation following graduation
Click the following link if you are eligible and interested in the Engineering Scholarship Program.
Email questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.