The Internship Program focuses on introducing students to the importance of public service and transportation. The internship gives students real work experience in business, engineering, environmental, and other functional areas within VDOT. Learning focuses on technical and self-leadership skills needed for the individual and potentially for VDOT.
Why This Program?
The Internship Program provides its participant’s on-the-job training by giving them hands-on assignments. Program participants spend the summer working on unique projects and activities. In addition, participants get the opportunity to network with other interns. This allows them to learn from each other about the diverse needs of the organization.
Requirements to apply:
- Be a US citizen or permanent US resident.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Undergraduate students in their sophomore, junior, or senior year, enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year accredited college/university.
- Graduate students enrolled in a degreed program in an accredited college/university.
- Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale or 3.0 or above on a 6.0 scale.
- Complete a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester for undergraduate students and 9 graduate level credit hours for graduate students.
Click the following link if you are eligible and interested in the Internship Program
Email questions or comments to email@example.com