Brenda Waters (276) 669-9999
Michelle Earl 276-669-9901
Dec. 16, 2007
Bristol Travel Advisory: Be alert to scattered slick spots overnight in southwestern Virginia (Sunday, December 16, 2007 at 9 p.m.)
- Interstates 81 is clear.
- The majority of Interstate 77 is clear, however be alert to scattered icy patches on I-77 in Wythe County.
- Snow and ice patches are reported on the majority of routes in Washington, Smyth, Russell Bland and Buchanan counties. Snow and ice-covered sections of roadway are reported in the Konnarock area of Washington County.
- Sleet is reported on the majority of routes in Wise and Dickenson counties.
- Ice-covered sections of roadway are reported on the majority of routes in Tazewell and Grayson counties.
- In Wythe County, snow and ice patches are reported on Routes 11, 21, 90 and the majority of secondary routes.
- Scattered icy patches are reported on the majority of routes in Lee and Scott counties.
Before beginning your trip, know the current road conditions and weather forecast. For the latest road condition information call 5-1-1 from any wireless or landline telephone. Outside of Virginia, call 1-800-578-4111. Or visit VDOT on the web at VirginiaDOT.org.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.