Brenda Waters (276) 669-9999
Michelle Earl 276-669-9901
Oct. 4, 2007
Commonwealth Transportation Board approves $2.8 million in contracts for southwestern Virginia
Estes Brothers Construction, Inc., Jonesville, received a $2.2 million contract to replace two eastbound Alternate Route 58 bridges in the Virginia City area of Wise County. The bridges are located within 200 feet of each other, one over Russell Creek and the other over an abandoned railroad bed.
Elk Knob, Inc., Pennington Gap, received two contracts valued at $628,129 to perform bridge repairs at the following locations:
- Route 61 bridge over Wolf Creek in Bland County
- Route 604 bridge over Maiden Spring Creek in Bland County
- Route 617 – Waddletown Road bridge over Big Walker Creek in Bland County
- Route 11 bridge over Norfolk Southern Railroad near the east end of Marion in Smyth County
- Route 714 bridge over Middle Fork Holston River in Smyth County
- Route 603 bridge over Cove Creek in Wythe County
- Route 625 bridge over South Fork Reed Creek in Wythe County. (END)
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.