Brenda Waters (276) 669-9999
Michelle Earl 276-669-9901
Dec. 17, 2007
VDOT Bristol Travel Advisory: slick spots reported on highways in southwestern Virginia (Monday, December 17, 2007 at 4 a.m.)
- Interstates 81 and 77 are clear.
- Scattered icy patches are reported on the majority of routes in Bland, Grayson, Dickenson, Wise, Russell, Lee, Scott, Washington, and Smyth counties.
- In Buchanan County, be alert to scattered icy patches on Route 609 and the majority of secondary routes.
- Snow and ice-covered sections of roadway are reported in Tazewell County on Route 19 near Pounding Mill, Route 460 near Bluefield, Routes 91, 102 and the majority of secondary routes.
- In Wythe County, snow and ice patches are reported on Routes 11, 21, 90 and the majority of secondary routes.
Before beginning your trip, know the current road conditions and weather forecast. For the latest road condition information call 5-1-1 from any wireless or landline telephone. Outside of Virginia, call 1-800-578-4111. Or visit VDOT on the web at VirginiaDOT.org. (End)
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.