Michelle Earl 276-669-9999
March 14, 2008
Seventeen highway contracts valued at $13.8 million
W-L Construction, Chilhowie, received ten contracts valued at approximately $9 million to pave at various locations throughout the Bristol District.
The following bridge improvement contacts were approved:
· Lanford Brothers Company, Inc., Roanoke, received a $2 million contract to perform bridge repairs at various locations throughout the Bristol transportation district.
· A contract valued at approximately $1 million was awarded to Klicos Painting Company, Inc., Baltimore, Md., to clean and paint the bridge beams of eight bridges at various locations in the Bristol District.
· Ranny E. O’Dell & Co., Inc., Hiwassee, received a $307,919 contract to replace the Route 749 bridge over Cripple Creek in Wythe County.
A $435, 310
contract was awarded to Elk Knob, Inc. Pennington Gap, to repair bridges located
on Routes 58, 421, 619 and 654 in Lee
County and on Routes 65 and 619 in
Mac Construction, Inc., Oakwood, received three contracts:
· A $522,585 contract to pave at various locations in Buchanan County.
· A $235,699 contract to make improvements to Route 605 in Russell County, beginning at Route 604 and extending north a half-mile.
· A 203,864 contract to make improvements to Route 822 in Russell County, beginning about a mile west of Route 629 and extending west a half-mile. (END)
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.