Michelle Earl 276-669-9999
Dec. 1, 2008
Slick spots reported in areas of southwestern Virginia
Monday, December 1, 2008 - 10 a.m.
- Interstates 81 and 77 are clear in southwestern Virginia.
- Snow and slushy patches are reported on the majority of routes in Wise, Lee, Scott, Russell and Smyth counties.
- Snow covered and slick primary and secondary roadways are reported in the Konnarock area of Washington County.
- Be alert to snow-covered and slick conditions on Route 58 in the Volney area and on secondary routes in Grayson County. Snow patches are reported on the majority of routes in Grayson County.
- Scattered snow patches are reported on Route 63 and the majority of secondary routes in Dickenson County.
- Be alert to scattered snow patches in Tazewell County on Routes 16, 61, 67, 91 and the majority of secondary routes.
- Be alert to snow patches on secondary routes in the Oakwood area of Buchanan County.
Before beginning your trip, know the current road conditions and weather forecast. For the latest road condition information visit www.511va.org or call 5-1-1 from any wireless or landline telephone. Outside of Virginia, call 1-800-578-4111.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.