Michelle Earl 276-669-9999
July 1, 2013
Six projects valued at $5.3 million approved for southwestern Virginia
RICHMOND – The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) recently awarded six contracts valued at $5.3 million for the Bristol District. The Bristol District consists of 12 counties in southwestern Virginia: Washington, Smyth, Lee, Scott, Russell, Buchanan, Tazewell, Bland, Wise, Dickenson, Grayson, and Wythe.
Elk Knob, Inc., Pennington Gap, received a $1.1 million contract to perform bridge repairs on Route 23 in Wise County at the bridge over Butcher Creek.
Two local bridge projects were awarded to Ken Construction, Inc., Lebanon:
- A $601,702 contract to perform bridge repairs on a bridge along Route 52 in Bland County, about a half-mile from Route 42.
- A $443,185 contract to repair the Route 19 bridge in Russell County, located about a mile south of the Tazewell County line.
Three contracts were awarded to W-L Construction & Paving, Inc., Chilhowie:
- A $588,772 contract to improve a 1.5-mile section of Route 619 in Wythe County
- A $1.2 million contract to pave various routes in Wise County
- A $1.3 million contract to pave various routes in Russell and Tazewell counties.
For more information on the meeting and other CTB actions, visit http://www.ctb.virginia.gov/meetings.asp. (END)
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.