Kelly Hannon 540-374-3344
LaTina W. Bundy 540-899-4560
Oct. 8, 2013
UTILITY WORK TO CLOSE TWO LANES, RAMPS ON I-95
Motorists should expect overnight delays at Exit 143 on Wednesday and Thursday night
FREDERICKSBURG – On the evenings of Wednesday, Oct. 9 and Thursday, Oct. 10, Columbia Gas of Virginia will inspect gas lines located on the Route 610 (Garrisonville Road) overpass at Interstate 95 in Stafford County.
Two lanes of I-95 will be closed each evening for the inspection work, and entrance ramps will be affected at interstate Exit 143A (Aquia) and Exit 143B (Garrisonville).
Motorists can expect the following lane and ramp closures associated with the inspection work:
Wednesday, Oct. 9
10 p.m. – 4:30 a.m.
- Two lanes of I-95 northbound will be closed to traffic at the overpass.
- Eastbound Route 610 traffic will be restricted from entering I-95 northbound from Exit 143B (Garrisonville).
- The on-ramp at Exit 143A (Aquia) on Route 1 can be used to access I-95 northbound.
Thursday, Oct. 10
10 p.m. – 5 a.m.
- Two lanes of I-95 southbound will be closed to traffic at the overpass.
- Westbound Route 610 traffic will be restricted from entering I-95 southbound at Exit 143A (Aquia).
- The on-ramp at Exit 143B (Garrisonville) can be used to access I-95 southbound from Route 610 eastbound.
Detour signs will be posted to guide motorists to the proper ramps.
Real-time listings of travel times, work zones, and traffic incidents in Virginia are available on VDOT’s 24-hour traffic information website, www.511Virginia.org. Motorists can also access 511Virginia by calling 511 from any telephone in Virginia.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.