VDOT News - Fredericksburg
Darragh Frye 540-899-4119
Jan. 11, 2018
EXPECT MIDDAY AND OVERNIGHT DELAYS ON I-95 NEXT WEEK NEAR FREDERICKSBURG
Multiple work zones on I-95 northbound and southbound beginning next week, Jan. 15 through early Friday, Jan. 19
FREDERICKSBURG – Motorists should anticipate midday and overnight delays on Interstate 95 northbound and southbound next week for multiple work zones in the Fredericksburg area.
The following lane closures are planned, weather permitting:
Interstate 95 Northbound
Aquia Creek Bridge (mile marker 145) Stafford County
- Monday ˗˗ Thursday, 9:30 a.m. ˗˗ 3:30 p.m.
- Expect a single, right lane closed on I-95 northbound at the Potomac Creek bridge for a bridge rehabilitation project. The Potomac Creek bridge is located at mile marker 145, just north of Exit 143/Route 610.
Potomac Creek Bridge (mile marker 137) Stafford County
- Wednesday ˗˗ Thursday, 9:30 a.m. ˗˗ 3:30 p.m.
- A single, left lane will be closed on I-95 northbound at the Potomac Creek bridge.
- Exit 140 On- and Off-Ramps (Courthouse Road) Stafford County
- Thursday, 9 p.m. ˗˗ 5 a.m. and Friday, 8:30 ˗˗ 12 p.m.
- Expect alternating, single lane closures on both the on-and off-ramps to I-95 northbound at the Exit 140 interchange. Crews will be paving and working on the temporary overhead traffic signals at the ramps to and from Courthouse Road. Crews will also be shifting traffic to the temporary northbound on- and off-ramps overnight. Drivers should be alert to construction crews and equipment working along the merge area and shoulder of the ramps. This work is connected to the Exit 140 interchange relocation and Courthouse Road widening project. Flaggers and local law enforcement will assist drivers through the interchange. Be alert to the new traffic pattern. Expect possible delays with the work zone.
- Exit 118 (Route 606/Mudd Tavern Road) Spotsylvania County
- Tuesday ˗˗ Thursday, 9:30 a.m. ˗˗ 3:30 p.m.
- A single, left lane on I-95 northbound near Exit 118 will be closed near the interchange for construction activities.
Interstate 95 Southbound
- Potomac Creek Bridge (mile marker 137) Stafford County
- Monday ˗˗ Thursday, 9 p.m. ˗˗ 10 a.m., Thursday ˗˗ Friday, 9 p.m. ˗˗ 6 a.m.
- A single lane will close at 9 p.m. followed by a double lane closure at 10 p.m. at the Potomac Creek bridge for a bridge rehabilitation project. Double lane closures end at 4:30 a.m. A single lane will remain closed until 10 a.m. the following morning except on Friday at 6 a.m. The bridge is located at mile marker 137, just before Exit 136 (Centreport Parkway).
- Exit 126 (Route 1/Massaponax) Spotsylvania County
- Monday ˗˗ Thursday, 9 p.m. ˗˗ 6 a.m.
- A single lane on I-95 southbound near Exit 126/Massaponax will close at 9 p.m. to allow crews to make repairs to the bridge over Route 1 followed by a double lane closure at 10 p.m. Double lane closures will end at 4:30 a.m. A single lane will remain closed until 6 a.m. Expect overnight delays near the interchange.
Overhead message boards will warn travelers to stay alert for the work zones ahead and possible delays.
Motorists can find real-time information on lane closures, work zones, traffic and other incidents on 511Virginia.
VDOT’s 14-county Fredericksburg District includes the counties of Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania and Stafford in the Fredericksburg area; Northumberland, Richmond, Lancaster and Westmoreland counties in the Northern Neck; Essex, Gloucester, King & Queen, King William, Mathews and Middlesex counties in the Middle Peninsula.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.