VDOT News - Northern Virginia
Michelle Holland 703-586-0487
April 24, 2020
Overnight Ramp Closures For The I-66 Outside The Beltway Project Next Week
Closures planned at Route 234 Business, Route 123, and Route 243 Interchanges
FAIRFAX – Temporary ramp closures are scheduled to occur during the overnight hours next week at several I-66 interchanges, so that crews can perform barrier work and lane shifts for the Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Project.
Tuesday, April 28
Ramp from I-66 West to Route 123 (Chain Bridge Road) North and South
- The ramp from westbound I-66 to Route 123 North and South will be closed Tuesday night, April 28, from midnight to 4 a.m. for barrier adjustment. Traffic will be detoured farther west to Route 50 East, stay to the left for I-66 East, then follow signs to Route 123 North or South.
Tuesday, April 28
Ramp from Route 243 (Nutley Street) North to I-66 East
- The ramp from northbound Route 243 to eastbound I-66 will be closed Tuesday night, April 28, from midnight to 4 a.m. to implement lane shifts and set barrier. Traffic will be directed to the ramp for I-66 West, stay to the right for Nutley Street South, then stay to the right and follow signs to I-66 East.
Wednesday, April 29
Ramp from Route 243 (Nutley Street) South to I-66 West
- The ramp from southbound Route 243 to westbound I-66 will be closed Wednesday night, April 29, from midnight to 4 a.m. to implement lane shifts and set barrier. Traffic will be directed to the ramp for I-66 East, stay to the right for Nutley Street North, then stay to the right and follow signs to I-66 West.
Wednesday, April 29, and Thursday, April 30
Ramp from Route 234 Business (Sudley Road) North and South to I-66 East
- The ramp from northbound and southbound Route 234 Business to eastbound I-66 will be closed Wednesday night, April 29, and Thursday night, April 30, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for crews to set barrier. Northbound Route 234 Business traffic will be directed to continue farther north to Route 29 (Lee Highway) North, turn right and continue past the Route 29 interchange in Centreville. At the traffic signal for Trinity Parkway/Machen Road, drivers will use the left-most turn lane to make a U-turn onto Route 29 South, then stay to the right and follow signs to I-66 East.
- Traffic on southbound Route 234 Business will be detoured to tun right on Balls Ford Road, turn left on Miramar Drive, turn left on Coverstone Drive, and then turn left onto northbound Route 234 to follow the northbound detour.
All work is weather dependent and will be rescheduled if inclement conditions occur.
On Twitter, follow VDOT Northern Virginia at @VaDOTNOVA
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.