Mike Salmon 703-383-2850
Sept. 9, 2008
9/11 Ceremony Prompts Road Closures Near Pentagon
The Virginia Department of Transportation is urging motorists to use transit, telework or seek alternate routes around the Pentagon on September 11 due to the memorial dedication that is scheduled for that morning.
Although the I-395 through lanes and HOV lanes will be open, Arlington County Police will close the following roads at 3 a.m. Thursday. (NOTE: This list is subject to change.)
• Washington Blvd Eastbound closed at I-395 and Columbia Pike
• Washington Blvd Westbound from Memorial Bridge
• Washington Blvd Westbound from I-395
• Washington Blvd Westbound from Hayes Street
• I-395 Northbound HOV–no access to Washington Blvd
• I-395 Southbound to Pentagon South Parking
• Columbia Pike closed from Joyce Street to Pentagon South Parking
• S. Fern Street from Army Navy Drive to the Pentagon
• S. Eads Street from Army Navy Drive to the Pentagon
• Rotary Road closed throughout Pentagon South parking
• North /South Connector road at Pentagon
• I-395 Northbound HOV–access to Eads Street, must exit to Army Navy Drive
The Pentagon Metro station will be open to Metrorail, but the Metro bus and all other commuter bus routes that normally stop at the Pentagon will stop at the Pentagon City Metrorail station from 2 a.m. until 1 p.m.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.