Jennifer McCord 703-259-1779
Nov. 4, 2010
TRAFFIC ALERT: FAIRFAX COUNTY PARKWAY AT SUNRISE VALLEY DRIVE CLOSURE SCHEDULED
Fairfax County installing signal structure overnight Nov. 6
CHANTILLY–The intersection of the Fairfax County Parkway and Sunrise Valley Drive will be closed from 10 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 6 to 5 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 7 as Fairfax County installs a new signal structure.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area if possible and use Fox Mill Road, Monroe Street, Herndon Parkway, Reston Parkway and Sunset Hills Road as alternate routes. Signs will direct drivers as follows:
- Traffing heading north on the Fairfax County Parkway will turn right on Fox Mill Road and follow the signed detour.
- Traffic heading south on the Fairfax County Parkway at the Dulles Toll Road will use either Sunset Hills Road or Spring Street, or can u-turn at a stationed police officer after crossing over the toll road.
- Traffic heading west on Sunrise Valley Drive will only be able to turn right on the parkway to head north.
- Traffic heading east on Sunrise Valley Drive will only be able to turn right on the parkway to head south.
- The exit ramp from the eastbound Dulles Toll Road will be open, but traffic will only be able to turn left, head north on the Parkway and follow the detour at Sunset Hills or Spring Street.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.