Joan Morris 703-259-1799
Jennifer McCord 703-259-1779
Feb. 15, 2012
NEW PARK-AND-RIDE SLATED FOR MANASSAS
VDOT adds 433 spaces near I-66 and Route 234 Bypass by next summer
MANASSAS—A new, 433-space park-and-ride lot will be built just south of I-66 at the Route 234 Bypass in Manassas, the Virginia Department of Transportation announced today. Construction will begin this April and be complete in July 2013.
The lot will be accessible from Balls Ford Road via Cushing Road. Construction will also include:
- A bus loop and shelter for picking up and dropping off passengers
- Lighting, sidewalks, crosswalks, bicycle racks and benches
- Direct access for buses and high occupancy vehicle (HOV) traffic from the lot to the ramp from northbound Route 234 ramp to eastbound I-66
- Paving Cushing Road and a new sidewalk on the western side to serve the lot
- An HOV enforcement area for use by Virginia State Police
- A new traffic signal at Balls Ford Road and Cushing Road
VDOT awarded the $5.3 million contract today to General Excavation, Inc. of Warrenton.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.