Joan Morris 703-259-1799
July 2, 2013
NEW COMMUTER LOT NEAR I-66 IN MANASSAS OPENS JULY 8
433 spaces and bus service
Photo By ROGER W. SNYDER
MANASSAS— On Monday, July 8 the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is opening a new 433-space park-and-ride lot at Cushing Road and I-66 near the Prince William Parkway.
Drivers will access the lot from Balls Ford Road via Cushing Road. The lot has a direct on-ramp connection to eastbound I-66 which is open only from 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and is restricted to buses and vehicles with two or more people.
OmniRide will provide bus service to the lot on its Linton Hall Metro Direct route. Direct service between the lot and Washington, D.C. is scheduled to begin this fall.
The $5.9 million lot includes:
- A bus loop and shelter for picking up and dropping off passengers
- Lighting, sidewalks, crosswalks, benches, bicycle racks and lockers
- Direct access for buses and high occupancy vehicle (HOV) traffic from the lot to the northbound Route 234 ramp to eastbound I-66, and an HOV enforcement area for Virginia State Police
- A new sidewalk on the western side of Cushing Road to serve the lot
- A new traffic signal at Balls Ford Road and Cushing Road
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.