Jenni McCord 571-230-2926
Mike Murphy 703-638-8547
March 6, 2015
ONE MORE NIGHT OF REFREEZE
Crews on overnight to handle remaining ice, finish cleanup in subdivisions
FAIRFAX─Some Virginia Department of Transportation crews will remain on northern Virginia roads overnight, as pavement temperatures dip below freezing once again.
Drivers are reminded that melted snow and ice will refreeze on the roads, and to use caution as black ice is again likely in the early morning until temperatures warm through the day tomorrow.
Information for drivers and residents:
- Crews will continue to treat icy locations with salt and sand, and address problem spots in neighborhoods.
- Continue to use caution overnight due to refreeze of melted snow on the roads. Slow speeds, increase following distance, and do not brake quickly.
- Clean all snow from mirrors and your vehicle before traveling.
- Drivers watch carefully for pedestrians walking alongside roadways.
- Check www.511virginia.org or use the mobile app for road conditions
- Overnight, continue to report road problems to 1-800-367-7623 or via the online form
- Get more details on snow removal in northern Virginia
- Follow VDOT Northern Virginia on Twitter for updates: @vadotnova
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.