Mike Murphy 703-259-1757
Aug. 25, 2017
Dulles Toll Road Nighttime Lane Closures at Route 7 Aug. 27 - Sept. 12
Intermittent full closures up to 20 minutes for bridge beam installation
TYSONS –Nighttime lane closures, including intermittent full closures, on the Dulles Toll Road and Dulles Airport Access Road at Route 7 will occur from Sunday, Aug. 27 through Monday, Sept. 11 in order to install bridge beams, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation.
Single-lane and multi-lane closures on the Dulles Toll Road and Dulles Airport Access Road will take place each night between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. There will also be total stoppages lasting up to 20 minutes at a time each night between midnight and 5 a.m.
The schedule is as follows, weather permitting:
- Sunday night, Aug. 27 and Monday night, Aug. 28: Westbound and eastbound Dulles Airport Access Road, and eastbound Dulles Toll Road
- Tuesday night, Aug. 29 and Wednesday night, Aug. 30: Eastbound Dulles Toll Road
- Thursday night, Aug. 31: Eastbound Dulles Airport Access Road
- Wednesday night, Sept. 6 and Thursday night, Sept. 7: Westbound Dulles Airport Access Road and westbound Dulles Toll Road
- Friday night, Sept. 8: Westbound and eastbound Dulles Airport Access Road
- Monday night, Sept. 11 and Tuesday night, Sept. 12: Westbound Dulles Toll Road
Drivers should expect delays and are advised to use alternate routes.
The work is part of the Route 7 over Dulles Toll Road project, which is scheduled for completion in spring 2018.
Follow VDOT Northern Virginia on Twitter: @vadotnova
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.