April 27, 2018
I-66 Overnight Lane Closures This Weekend and Next Week
Route 28 between Braddock Rd. and Westfields Blvd. Friday
FAIRFAX, Va. - Overnight lane closures previously scheduled on Route 28 in both directions between Braddock Road and Westfields Boulevard are now scheduled to occur tonight, April 27, and Saturday night, April 28. On Sunday night, April 29, overnight lane closures are scheduled on westbound I-66 between Sudley Road (Route 234 Business) and Route 29 (Gainesville) in Prince William County, and will continue during overnight hours the week of April 30. All closures are to support construction work on the Transform 66 Outside the Beltway project.
All lanes on northbound and southbound Route 28 between Braddock Road and Westfields Boulevard will be shifted to allow for barriers to be set up along the outside shoulders for upcoming construction activity. Closures include:
- Friday, April 27: Two left lanes will close on northbound Route 28 in the vicinity of Route 29 to Westfields Boulevard starting at 10 p.m. until Saturday morning.
- Saturday, April 28: Two left two lanes will close on southbound Route 28 in the vicinity of Willard Road to Braddock Road starting at 10 p.m. until Sunday morning.
I-66 West between Sudley Road and Route 29 in Gainesville All lanes on westbound I-66 between Sudley Road (Route 234 Business) and Route 29 (Gainesville) will be shifted toward the inside median to support upcoming construction activity.
Closures will begin Sunday, April 29 and will continue for about three consecutive nights next week:
- Three left lanes on westbound I-66 in the vicinity of Sudley Road (Route 234 Business) to Route 29 (Gainesville) will close starting at 8 p.m. on Sunday, and at 9 p.m. the following nights next week. All lanes will reopen by 5 a.m. each morning.
- Periodic 15-minute stoppages and slowdowns along westbound I-66 throughout each night.
- One lane of the ramp from Sudley Road to westbound I-66 will close, in addition to periodic 15-minute stoppages and slowdowns on the ramp from northbound Prince William Parkway (Route 234 Bypass) to westbound I-66.
All work is weather dependent and will be rescheduled if inclement weather occurs. On Twitter, follow VDOT Northern Virginia at @VaDOTNOVA.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.