Michelle Holland 703-586-0487
July 23, 2018
Multiple Overnight Ramp Closures Next Week on I-66
Closures and lane shifts planned at interchanges with I-495 and US Route 50
- Right lane closure on westbound I-66 between Route 7 and the I-495 interchange between 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Temporary closure of the ramps from westbound I-66 to southbound I-495 regular and express lanes from 11 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. Travelers will be detoured to the exit for southbound Nutley Street, then take the ramp for eastbound I-66 back toward I-495.
- Narrowing and single lane closures on the ramp from northbound I-495 to westbound I-66 with occasional 15-minute stoppages and slowdowns.
- Temporary closure of the ramp from westbound US Route 50 to westbound I-66 from midnight to 4 a.m.
- Drivers will be detoured on Route 50 to the West Ox Road (Route 608) interchange, where they will exit onto southbound West Ox Road, and then make a right-hand exit onto eastbound Route 50 to westbound I-66.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.