VDOT News - Northern Virginia
April 12, 2018
Rt 50/Gallows Rd Ramp Closures Next Two Weekends
Detours in place during bridge work
FAIRFAX – Several ramps at the Route 50/Gallows Road interchange will be closed overnight during the next two weekends to perform bridge work, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation. Detours will be in place.
Closures will occur overnight:
- 10 p.m. Friday, April 13 to 10 a.m. Saturday, April 14
- 10 p.m. Saturday, April 14 to 10 a.m. Sunday, April 15
- 10 p.m. Friday, April 20 to 10 a.m. Saturday, April 21
- 10 p.m. Saturday, April 21 to 10 a.m. Sunday, April 22
Ramps to be closed are:
- Route 50 westbound to Gallows Road southbound
- Gallows Road southbound to Route 50 eastbound
- Route 50 eastbound to Gallows Road northbound
- Gallows Road northbound to Route 50 westbound
Drivers should expect delays and are encouraged to use alternate routes.
The work is part of the Gallows Road over Route 50 Bridge Rehabilitation project, which is scheduled to be completed in summer 2018.
Follow VDOT Northern Virginia on Twitter: @vadotnova
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.