VDOT News - Richmond
Bob Spieldenner 804-524-6179
Dec. 14, 2018
TROPICAL STORM MICHAEL ROAD REPAIR UPDATE
Repairs ongoing for five roads
SOUTH CHESTERFIELD – Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) crews continue to repair roads and bridges that were damaged by Tropical Storm Michael in October 2018. At one point, more than 200 roads in the region were closed by the storm.
Crews have finished repairs on all but five roads that require extensive work. Below are the estimated completion dates for the remaining roads.
- Giles Rd. (Rt. 637) near Jones Lake in Amelia County. Estimated completion spring 2019.
- Bent Creek Rd. (Rt. 643) over Little Bent Creek in Amelia County. Estimated completion spring 2019.
- Mt. Herman Rd. (Rt. 606) over Otterdale Branch in Chesterfield County. Estimated completion spring 2019.
- Juniper Creek Ln. (Rt. 691) over Big Juniper Creek in Lunenburg County. Estimated completion winter 2018-19.
- Bethel Church Rd. (Rt. 625) over Nottoway River at the Lunenburg/Nottoway County line. Estimated completion end of December 2018.
For the latest real-time traffic information or road conditions, call 511 or visit http://www.511virginia.org.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.