Oct. 16, 2018
TROPICAL STORM MICHAEL RECOVERY UPDATE
More than 150 roads have reopened in the region; less than 50 remain closed
South Chesterfield – More than 150 roads in the Virginia Department of Transportation’s Richmond District have reopened as crews continue recovery operations from the impacts of Tropical Storm Michael.
Following the storm, VDOT crews began working to inspect and repair roads and bridges in the area. Less than 50 remain closed due to flooding or downed trees/power lines. Repair and debris removal will continue in the coming weeks as high water recedes.
The following roads have significant damage and require extensive repairs. At this point, there is no estimated timeline for repairs.
- Denisville Rd. (Rt. 614) over West Creek in Amelia County.
- Soap Stone Rd. (Rt. 645) over Flat Creek in Amelia County.
- Iron Bridge Rd. (Rt. 715) over Meherrin River in Brunswick County.
- Mt. Herman Rd. (Rt. 606) over Otterdale Branch in Chesterfield County.
- County Line Rd. (Rt. 628) over North Meherrin River in Lunenburg County.
- Juniper Creek Ln. (Rt. 691) over Big Juniper Creek in Lunenburg County.
- Germantown Rd. (Rt. 685) over Spring Creek in Lunenburg County.
- Wards Corner Rd. (Rt. 688) over Big Juniper Creek in Lunenburg County.
- High House Rd. (Rt. 683) between Rt. 47 and the Charlotte County line in Mecklenburg County.
- Winningham Rd. (Rt. 617) over Winningham Creek in Nottoway County.
- Cary Shop Rd. (Rt. 624) over Horsepen Branch in Nottoway County.
- Bethel Church Rd. (Rt. 625) over Nottoway River at the Lunenburg/Nottoway County line.
- Jonesboro Church Rd. (Rt. 645) over the Camp Pickett Reservoir in Nottoway County.
- Petersburg Rd. (Rt. 603) over Butterwood Creek in Powhatan County.
For the latest real-time traffic information or road conditions, call 511 or visit http://www.511virginia.org.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.