VDOT News - Richmond
Bob Spieldenner 804-524-6179
April 19, 2019
VDOT IMPROVES PEDESTRIAN SAFETY AT CHESTERFIELD AND HENRICO INTERSECTIONS
Crosswalks and other improvements installed at 11 intersections
SOUTH CHESTERFIELD — Pedestrian safety has been enhanced at 11 busy intersections in Chesterfield and Henrico counties thanks to a recently completed Virginia Department of Transportation project.
The $1.8 million project added sidewalks, ramps, crosswalks and accessible pedestrian signals at the following intersections:
- Genito Rd. (Rt. 604) and Brandermill Parkway (Rt. 1921)
- Coalfield Rd. (Rt. 754) and North Woolridge Rd. (Rt. 688)
- North Woolridge Rd. (Rt. 688) and Charter Colony Parkway (Rt. 950)
- Patterson Ave. (Rt. 6) and Gaskins Rd. (Rt. 157)
- Gaskins Rd. (Rt. 157) and Gayton Rd.
- Gaskins Rd. (Rt. 157) and Quioccasin Rd.
- Quioccasin Rd. (Rt. 157) and Pemberton Rd.
- Lakeside Ave. (Rt. 161) and Hilliard Rd. (Rte. 356)
- West Broad St. (Rt. 250) and North Gayton Rd.
- West Broad St. and Pouncey Tract Rd./Pump Rd. (Rt. 271)
- Mechanicsville Turnpike (Rt. 360) and Laburnum Ave. (Rt. 197)
The project was completed on schedule and on budget.
VDOT has been working with local partners to prioritize pedestrian improvements and several additional projects are planned during the next six years.
For more information about the project, visit: http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/richmond/pedestrian_safety_project_in_chesterfield_and_henrico.asp
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.