Jamie Smith 540-387-5250
Oct. 2, 2012
TRAFFIC ALERT: RAILROAD CROSSINGS IN ROANOKE AND BOTETOURT COUNTIES TO CLOSE FOR REPAIRS
UPDATE: Oct. 15
Railroad crews repairing the tracks in Botetourt County have adjusted the work schedule for this week.
The new schedule is as follows:
• Wednesday, Oct. 17 – Route 652 (Mountain Pass)
• Thursday, Oct. 18 – Route 651 (Stoney Battery Road)
• Monday, Oct. 22 – Route 716 (Apple Orchard Lane)
• Monday, Oct. 29 – Route 763 (Shady Side Road)
SALEM – Crews will repair several railroad crossings in Roanoke and Botetourt counties Oct. 8 through Oct. 18.
Weather permitting, the work will take place on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Due to the nature of the work, the crossings will be closed to traffic.
Following are the dates and locations for the work:
• Monday, Oct. 8 – Route 616 (Carlos Drive)
• Tuesday, Oct. 9 – Route 627 (Shadwell Drive) at the intersection of Route 627
• Wednesday, Oct. 10 – Route 654 (Read Mountain Road)
• Monday, Oct. 15 – Route 652 (Mountain Pass)
• Tuesday, Oct. 16 – Route 651 (Stoney Battery Road)
• Wednesday, Oct. 17 – Route 716 (Orchard Lane)
• Thursday, Oct. 18 – Route 763 (Shady Side Road)
There will be no posted detours. Drivers should seek an alternate route.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.