Jason Bond 540-387-5493
Nov. 17, 2017
TRAFFIC ALERT: PAVING TO IMPACT TRAFFIC ON SEVERAL SECONDARY ROADS IN ROANOKE COUNTY
Watch message boards for work schedule and expect short delays or seek alternate routes
SALEM – Weather permitting, contractors with the Virginia Department of Transportation will be paving and putting down pavement markings on several secondary roads in Roanoke County in the next two to three weeks.
Lane closures or road closures to through traffic will be in place during these operations. Drivers will need to seek alternate routes or watch for flaggers and pilot trucks that will be controlling traffic during lane closures. During road or lane closures, local traffic will still be able to access homes and business.
Electronic message boards will be in place ahead of the scheduled work announcing the specific dates and times for the paving which is weather and temperature dependent. Work may be scheduled on weekdays during daytime hours outside of peak and holiday travel times, on weekends or during nighttime hours.
Work is tentatively planned on the following sections of roadway, but the schedule is subject to change:
- Temporary closure of Route 1662 (McVitty Road) between Route 1663 (Old Cave Spring Road) and Route 419 on November 20 and 21 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Temporary closure of Old Cave Spring Road between its intersections with Route 221 on November 20 and November 21 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Lane closure on Route 795 (Bernard Drive) between Route 419 and Route 795 (Fallowater Road) on November 22 from 7:30 a.m. to noon
- Lane closure on Route 867 (Ogden Road) from Route 419 to the Roanoke City limits on November 26 from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Lane closure on Ogden Road from Colonial Avenue to the Roanoke City limits on November 26 from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Lane closure on Route 904 (Starkey Road) from Route 419 to Ogden Road on November 27 and 28 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Lane closure on Route 687 (Colonial Avenue) from Route 613 (Merriman Road) to Route 1620 (Hazel Drive) November 28 and November 29 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Information in VDOT news releases was accurate at the time the release was published. For the most current information about projects or programs, please visit the project or program Web pages. You may find those by searching by keyword in the search Virginia DOT box above.