Safe Routes to School
Events and Newsletters
June 27: Making Strides 2018: A Look at State Report Cards
Join the National Partnership for Safe Routes to School to learn about the updated state report cards and report, Making Strides: 2018 State Report Cards on Support for Walking, Bicycling, and Active Kids and Communities. Register here.
- Michelle Lieberman, Senior Technical Assistance Manager, Safe Routes to School National Partnership
- Andy Pasillas, Field Services Manager, Safe Routes to School National Partnership
- Margo Pedroso, Deputy Director, Safe Routes to School National Partnership
- Sara Zimmerman, Program and Policy Director, Safe Routes to School National Partnership
July 11: Opportunities for Walkability in Rural Communities and Small Towns Webinar
This webinar from America Walks will explore some of the inspiring work being done to promote physical activity and improve walkability in small towns and rural communities. The webinar is free and starts at 2:00 PM. Register here.
July 24: It's Parks and Recreation Month! What does that mean for SRTS?
The Safe Routes to School National Partnership is hosting a free webinar from 2:00 to 3:00 PM to share how improving safe access to parks aligns with and can strengthen Safe Routes to School and active transportation advocacy efforts.
- Mary S. Rapoza – Director, New Bedford Recreation & Beaches (Massachusetts)
- Jessie Nesset – Second Grade Teacher, Northwood ABC School, Anchorage (Alaska)
- Molly Brenner – Community Outreach Director, Anchorage Park Foundation (Alaska)
August 8: Act Fast: The Growing Call for Slower Speeds Webinar
This free webinar from America Walks is based on the premise every community member has a right to safe places to walk and be physically active. Attendees will hear from those leading the call for slower speeds and communities putting people first in the call for safer streets. Register here.
Stay informed about the SRTS developments in Virginia with the VDOT SRTS Newsletter. Every newsletter includes a calendar of upcoming events and features articles about SRTS grant opportunities and SRTS program implementation.
Sign up for our email list to receive our quarterly newsletters electronically. You can read past editions of the Virginia SRTS Newsletter in PDF format by clicking on the links below.
2018 - Spring
Skyline Middle School’s bike fleet, Harrisonburg, VA