Interstate 81 Exit 77/Exit 80 Interchange Alternative StudyStrategically Targeted and Affordable Roadway Solutions (STARS) Study
Est Completion Date
Blake Ailor, Bristol District Planner
What's Being Done?
A survey regarding the study is available March 1 – 21, 2021 by clicking on the link above.
In December 2020, VDOT began a Strategically Targeted and Affordable Roadway Solutions (STARS) Study of the Interstate 81 Exit 77 and Exit 80 interchanges.
View the project study area map here.
The purpose of the study is to:
- Evaluate how traffic moves through the interstate ramps and intersections near the ramps, as well as evaluate safety conditions in these areas.
- Develop potential improvement projects to enhance safety and traffic operations in the study area.
- Consider innovative intersection/interchange designs.
- Improve access along the ramps and intersections.
- Identify improvements that can be advanced to funding in VDOT's Six-Year Improvement Program.