Route 610 (Garrisonville Road) and Mine Road Turn Lane Project
|Route 610 and Route 684|
Project at a Glance
March 1, 2012
Est Completion Date
Lengths and Limits
Mine Road & Route 610 Intersection
General Excavation, Inc.
General Excavation Inc. will widen Mine Road by adding an additional right turn lane from Mine Road onto Route 610 (Garrisonville Road) eastbound. In addition, a second left turn lane will be built on Route 610 westbound for vehicles turning left onto Mine Road.
Other improvements include:
- Three handicapped ramps at the intersection of Route 610 and Mine Road.
- A sidewalk will be installed along the northbound turn lane of Mine Road, which will connect with the sidewalk on the eastbound lane of Route 610.
- Pedestrian crossing buttons will be added to the existing traffic signal poles at the intersection.
- Re-striping throughout the intersection to better align with all of the above improvements.
Throughout the duration of the project, expect the following lane closures on Mine Road and Route 610.
- One lane will be closed between 8 p.m.-10 p.m.
- Two lanes will closed between 10 p.m.- 4 a.m.
All travel lanes will be open by 4 a.m.