Route 620 (Harrison Road East) Intersection Improvements
|Project will improve traffic at the Route 620/Route 1 intersection in Spotsylvania County|
Project at a Glance
Purpose and Need
The project purpose is to add turn lanes, increase intersection capacity, reduce congestion and improve air quality, upgrade signal improvements to include pedestrian heads, add new lighting, and construct sidewalk and trail improvements.
The proposed project will add through lanes and turn lanes along Route1 and Route 620, and extend the existing turn lanes.
The current traffic count on Harrison Road east of Route 1 is 6,114 vehicles per day. West of Route 1, there are 14,233 vehicles per day. There are 43,000 vehicles per day along Route 1.
Current Project Schedule and Estimated Cost
- Public Hearing: March 14, 2013
- Right of Way (anticipated): early 2014
- Advertisement (anticipated): early 2016
- Construction completion (anticipated): late fall 2017
- Preliminary Engineering: $2,044.319
- Right of Way and Utility Relocation: $8,658,327
- Construction: $11,308,717
Public Hearing Documents
A public hearing was held March 14, 2013 at the Harrison Road Community Center, 4728 Harrison Road, Spotsylvania County.