Odd Fellows Road Interchange and Extension, Lynchburg
Project at a Glance
Est Completion Date
Raina A. Rosado
Odd Fellows Road serves as an entrance for industrial traffic to the City of Lynchburg’s first industrial park as well as the many other commercial properties along its length. Presently, Odd Fellows Road begins at Business Route 29/501 (Lynchburg Expressway), proceeds across Mayflower Drive and ends approximately 0.7 miles east of Mayflower Drive. The proposed improvements to Odd Fellows Road are divided into the following three (3) segments, designated as Segment A, Segment B1, and Segment B2. Please note that per the terms of the contract, at this time only Segments A and B1 are slated for design and construction. To maintain continuity in the approach, Segment B2 will be designed under this contract but not constructed.
The project is being delivered through the Design-Build approach. Additional work to be performed by the design-builder includes:
- constructing Odd Fellows Road Interchange bridge (Segment A)
- constructing Extension of Odd Fellows Road (Segment A & B1)
- design of Segment B2-Odd Fellows Road; Reconstruction of NSRR Bridge and Albert Lankford roundabout
- construction of roundabout at Top Ridge Road and Mayflower Drive
- acquiring right of way
- relocating utilities within the projects limits
- installing lighting
- installing signs and pavement markings
- installing drainage structures
- developing storm water management facilities
- providing traffic and sequencing for construction
- installing erosion and sediment controls
The Commonwealth Transportation Board awarded the project to design-build contractor, G.A. & F.C. Wagman, Inc. on January 23, 2015. Notice to Proceed for Odd Fellows Road Interchange Design Build project was on February 18, 2015.
VDOT and design-build contractor G.A. & F.C. Wagman, Inc. held a citizen information meeting to discuss the upcoming project improvements. The meeting was held on Wednesday April 15, 2015 in Lynchburg.
April 15, 2015 presentation
Presentation from April 15, 2015 Public Information Meeting
Link to roundabout information