I-66 and Cushing Road Commuter Lot
|433 new spaces in Manassas|
Project at a Glance
About the Project
This project includes a new 433-space park-and-ride lot at Cushing Road and I-66 near the Prince William Parkway. Drivers will access the lot from Balls Ford Road via Cushing Road, and the lot will also have a direct on-ramp connection to eastbound I-66. Construction began in spring 2012 and is expected to be complete in July 2013.
The Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission (PRTC) is planning to have bus service from the lot.
Construction will also include:
- A bus loop and shelter for picking up and dropping off passengers
- Lighting, sidewalks, crosswalks, benches, bicycle racks and lockers
- Direct access for buses and high occupancy vehicle (HOV) traffic from the lot to the northbound Route 234 ramp to eastbound I-66
- Paving Cushing Road and a new sidewalk on the western side to serve the lot
- An HOV enforcement area for use by Virginia State Police
- A new traffic signal at Balls Ford Road and Cushing Road
Two signs will be installed along eastbound I-66 and Route 234 to inform drivers about the upcoming opening of the new lot.
State Project: (FO) 6234-076-136, C501 Federal Project: STP-5A01(269)