King Street over I-395Bridge repairs in the City of Alexandria
About the Project
This project will rehabilitate the King Street (Route 7) bridge over I-395. The bridge was built in 1970.
Proposed repairs include the following:
- Installing An Impressed Current Cathodic Protection (ICCP) system with Latex Modified Concrete (LMC) overlay.
- Repair damaged concrete and install an ICCP system in the pier caps.
- Repair damaged column concrete and apply Electrochemical Chloride Extraction (ECE) treatment, and seal the treated surface with a breathable sealer.
- Repair damaged Abutment concrete, apply ECE treatment, and seal the treated surface with a breathable sealer
- Repair and paint all steel beams and replace bearings.
- Reconstruct the substandard bridge barrier/railing.
- Repair and/or replace guardrail, mill and overlay approaches.
- Minor pedestrian, bicycle and lighting improvements
- Repair roadway pavement and joints
The bridge averages 24,000 vehicles a day.
Schedule & Costs
Public Information Meeting - July 2015
Begin Construction - Winter 2019/20
Preliminary Engineering: $2 million
Construction: $11.4 million
Total: $13.4 million
Fairlington Village Association Presentation (November 2016)
Fairlington Village Presentation Comment Sheet (November 2016)
Public Information Meeting Presentation (July 2015)
Traffic Technical Appendix
State: 0395-100-797, P101, B611
Federal: NHPP-5A01 (515), NHPP-5A01 (852)