Pedestrian Safety Project in Chesterfield and Henrico
|Project will enhance safety at 11 intersections|
August 20, 2018
Est Completion Date
Chesterfield and Henrico
VDOT is improving pedestrian safety at 11 busy intersections in Chesterfield and Henrico counties.
The project is one of a series in the Richmond region that will improve pedestrian safety and mobility by adding sidewalks, ramps, crosswalks and accessible pedestrian signals at intersections. VDOT just completed a similar project along Broad St (Rt. 250) in Henrico and several other projects are scheduled over the next six years.
The project includes improvements to the following intersections:
- Genito Rd. (Rt. 604) and Brandermill Parkway (Rt. 1921)
- Coalfield Rd. (Rt. 754) and North Woolridge Rd. (Rt. 688)
- North Woolridge Rd. (Rt. 688) and Charter Colony Parkway (Rt. 950)
- West Broad St. (Rt. 250) and Pouncey Tract/Pump Rd. (Rt. 271).
- Patterson Ave. (Rt. 6) and Gaskins Rd. (Rt. 157)
- Gaskins Rd. (Rt. 157) and Gayton Rd.
- Gaskins Rd. (Rt. 157) and Quioccasin Rd.
- Quioccasin Rd. (Rt. 157) and Pemberton Rd.
- Lakeside Ave. (Rt. 161) and Hilliard Rd. (Rte. 356)
- West Broad St. (Rt. 250) and North Gayton Rd.
- Mechanicsville Turnpike (Rt. 360) and Laburnum Ave. (Rt. 197)
Travelers can expect intermittent lane and shoulder closures for the duration of the project. Work will include both daytime and nighttime lane closures during off-peak travel times.