Recently Completed: Pedestrian Safety Project in Chesterfield and Henrico
Cost and schedule ►
The completed project improves pedestrian safety at 11 busy intersections in Chesterfield and Henrico counties.
The project is one of a series in the Richmond region that improves pedestrian safety and mobility by adding sidewalks, ramps, crosswalks and accessible pedestrian signals at intersections.
Improvements were made to the following intersections:
- Genito Rd. (Rt. 604) and Brandermill Parkway (Rt. 1921)
- Coalfield Rd. (Rt. 754) and North Woolridge Rd. (Rt. 688)
- North Woolridge Rd. (Rt. 688) and Charter Colony Parkway (Rt. 950)
- West Broad St. (Rt. 250) and Pouncey Tract/Pump Rd. (Rt. 271).
- Patterson Ave. (Rt. 6) and Gaskins Rd. (Rt. 157)
- Gaskins Rd. (Rt. 157) and Gayton Rd.
- Gaskins Rd. (Rt. 157) and Quioccasin Rd.
- Quioccasin Rd. (Rt. 157) and Pemberton Rd.
- Lakeside Ave. (Rt. 161) and Hilliard Rd. (Rte. 356)
- West Broad St. (Rt. 250) and North Gayton Rd.
- Mechanicsville Turnpike (Rt. 360) and Laburnum Ave. (Rt. 197)
Work is underway and expected to be complete in spring 2019.
State ID: 9999-964-336,P101, M501
Long/Lat: 37.607375, -77.578306
Locality: Chesterfield and Henrico