Roundabout at Routes 249/612 in New Kent
|Project to improve safety and traffic flow at intersection|
Project at a Glance
Est Completion Date
Howard Brothers Contractor, Inc.
What's being done
The intersection improvements project, including the construction of a roundabout at the intersection of New Kent Highway (Route 249) and Tunstall Road/Airport Road (Route 612) is nearly complete. The purpose of this project is to improve traffic flow and increase safety. Pavement was widened to provide capacity for bicycle and pedestrian travel.
How to drive in a roundabout
Drivers should use the following tips in the new traffic pattern:
• Follow signs and pavement markings for your safety.
• Slow down when approaching the roundabout.
• Yield to traffic already in the roundabout.
• As you enter the roundabout, keep right and drive in the counter-clockwise direction. Do not turn left when entering a roundabout.
• Do not change lanes or stop when in the roundabout.